Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Spring Haze

I guess it really is true when they say that you can't go home. This past weekend I spent most of it with my family, to celebrate Mother's Day. At the same time this was happening, it was also the annual Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. My little sister and I raised sheep for six years and used to go to this about every year. We stopped going though once we no longer were in 4-H, about nine years ago. My mom decided since it was such a beautiful day that she wanted to spend part of it outside at the Sheep and Wool Festival. I agreed and was excited to go.

I threw on my favorite Diesel Jeans, spiked my blonde highlighted hair and was ready to go. Little did I know that my fashion choices would be wasted on blind eyes. We showed up and I was immediately reminded of why I moved to DC. I haven't seen that much Jordache denim in one place since the local Ames department store went out of business. It was a real eye-opener to me, just to see how far along I've come since I started college.

My friend Jamie tells me all the time how proud of me he is and how far I have come. I never really believed and would just politely thank him. This weekend really showed me how right he is about my progress in life. I loved my upbringing as a farm boy in the country and wouldn't change a thing about it, but there is no way I want that life now. I think that occasionally visiting Remington's is enough country for me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all about perspective. If diesel jeans and highlights make you happy, good for you, but for some, that jordache is their Chanel. "coming a long way" is only a good thing if you remember the road you had to take to get there. I'm not criticizing, just speaking from experience.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home