Friday, May 20, 2005

a sorta fairytale

This should have posted on May 10, but I sat on it for a while. I have since decided that there is no reason to hide my thoughts and feelings from my blog. And now, without further ado, I give you 'a sorta fairytale'.

Why is it that just when you think you have moved on in your life, something comes along and pulls you right back? Exes. What the hell good are they anyway??? So last night, I am out with the girls headed to a bar after a nice relaxing swim. As we are walking down the street, I get a voicemail from my ex Brian. He is obviously wasted and telling me how much he loves Vegas and how it is the place for me and the girls. He goes on about how we should all plan a weekend away there, blah blah. Initial reaction upon hearing said drunk message? Smile and giggle a little like a school girl. Why? I have no clue. We haven't dated for TWO YEARS now and so much has changed that I sometimes think we were two completely different people back then. Yet, for some reason I cannot let go completely of the idea of he and I together.

Part of me thinks this is just because he was the first guy I ever had real feelings for and any semblance of a relationship with. Yet, this other part of me can't help but think that he still feels it too. For starters he is the one that looked me up after a year of not talking. Why? Why bother to get back in touch with me after all that time? He said at the time he was hoping to try things again, but now he just enjoys my stories of shenanigans with the girls. I just don't know. Obviously I am not letting this stop me from going out and meeting (and meating) new people, but there is always this tiny little voice in the back of my head that thinks about how great it would be to settle down with Brian in a few years and start a family. Ugh. I really effing hate exes. This is way too much for a hung over Tuesday morning!!!

Why hung over on a Tuesday you ask? Well, that would be because my friend Jamie came into town last night and took us to this sorta sketchy bar, the Fireplace, and was buying drinks and shots for everyone. Bad news right there!!! Life is too short though I suppose to be worried about things like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home