Friday, May 20, 2005

like a virgin

Through all my various art history/literature classes in school, I learned about the two main archtypes women have been portrayed as, the virgin and the whore. The basic theory is that men see woman as whores that they can use and abuse, or as virgins that are to be 'worshipped'. A man of the 16th century would look for that virgin trophy wife and then bang the hired help on the side.

What on earth does this all have to do with a gay boy in the twenty first century? Well, I fear that I have fallen under this mentality as well. I have this 'friend' with 'benefits'. Ours is solely based on the sex. We don't hang out together at bars, we don't meet for dinner or coffee, we just get together and have sex. Now, there is nothing wrong with an arrangement like this in today's age, as long as everyone is on the same page. Thankfully, we both understand that this is not a relationship and there is no place for emotions.

However, I wonder if I am totally desensitizing myself by separating all emotions from sex with this individual. I can't help but think that his may impact any future relationships that I have. That I will only want that 'virgin trophy wife' and then go get my 'benefits' somewhere else. Only time will tell I guess. And until I meet someone I'm interested in dating I'll keep right on benefiting from this situation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

You are such a fucking lady

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home