Tuesday, March 21, 2006

winter

Where did the warm spring weather go? I am more than over this 30 degree bullshit. I apologize for the lack of updates since my pictures during my trip. When I got back, I partied that entire weekend and then got sick. Most of last week I spent stewing in my own germs on our couch. Special times.

There is a lot going on in my life right now and I feel like things are a little out of control. Until I am officially admitted to grad school, I think that I'll feel like I'm walking on egg-shells. I have no reason to believe that I won't be accepted, but until it is official, it is on my mind. I also need to figure out what the hell I am going to do for money while I am in school.

I have heard rumors that some school districts will hire you with no experience or certification, as long as you are in a program to get your certification. I've also heard that they will even pay for you to get your degree. That would be awesome if I could find a situation like that. Although, the thought of teaching this fall makes me a little bit queasy. I suppose there is always the Gap or something too. One thing is for sure, I will NOT be working in this same job after this summer.

Why is all of this coming to surface right now? Well, last night I had a bit of a reality check. I learned something last night and had the rug swept out from under me. Unfortunately, all of my decisions about school and moving home depend on more than just me making up my mind. This summer might be one huge nightmare for me, especially if I am living back home and commuting into DC every day. An hour and a half commute each way? Not fun. Trust me.

I'm sure that I will figure something out. I always do. Until then though, I don't think that I'll have an easy time falling asleep at night. I promise that my next post will be all about Aruba, pictures included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home