Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Look Sexy, Talk Dirty

For the last few years, I've been making mix CDs of all the latest shit, mostly for myself. Then I started handing them out to my dance instructors (I took hip-hop dance classes, four times a week for two years. I really miss Ali and Matt, my instructors!) and some of my fellow students. It was always the hottest shit on pop/hip-hop/r&b radio.

Now that I have my own computer with high speed internet, I've been making CDs again. At the end of August I think I made one of the hottest CDs I've made, "Look Sexy, Talk Dirty". I handed it out to a few of my friends. Then word started spreading. I gave it to one of my bartender friend's at JR's. Suddenly other JR's bartenders were asking for it. People at work were coming up to my desk, people I don't even know nor have never met, asking me for a copy of the CD.

I was a little blown away. I don't do anything magical with my CDs. They aren't mixed, although I do put thought into the track list. I don't produce any of it. All I do is download it and burn it. Yet, I'm loving the fact that so many people are jamming out to a CD that I put together! It is such a compliment to have strangers asking me for a copy!

Speaking of music, only six more days until my girls Janet and Tori release their new CDs. I have already heard the entire Janet album and I LOVE IT! It is a true return to form for her. If you are a Janet fan at all, do yourself a favor and check out "Do It 2 Me" when the album drops next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home