Sunday, October 01, 2006

Lust (aka Bear Camping)

Damn did I have a good time camping last weekend. I had no clue what to expect from this weekend. Jim has been telling me about it for over a year, but a couple stories don't quite live up to the real thing.

I left Friday afternoon and met Jonathan and Michael (two bear friends of Jim and his boyfriend) out at Silver Spring metro. We jumped on the road, and drove for what felt like days. Four hours later and we finally arrived at the camp grounds. By the time we arrived, it was dark, so I couldn't get a feel for the whole camp.

We went to Jim and Patrick's tent, where they had set-up air mattresses for all of us. Oh yes, their tent is big enough for five bears, and there is a power box at each camp site, so we all had air mattresses to sleep on. This was definitely not the same kind of camping I knew back in my days as a Boy Scout.

After setting down our bags, Jim started making drinks for everyone. After we all got a drink in us, we headed up to the main house to mingle with everyone else. The other campers were interesting to say the least. Most of them were in the 30-50 age range I'd say. Some of the guys were H-O-T, like fire. Of course, I felt like a kid in a candy store. I'll have one of those, two of those and just give me the entire box of that.

We stayed there for a few hours, then everyone headed off to bed. The next day we drove into the neighboring town and went to the Wal-Mart. And I thought that where I live is country. Boy was I mistaken. We made it back to the camp grounds in time for the hot dog roast at the main house. We all headed over to eat and mingle. After an hour or so, everyone went in different directions, leaving me alone. I stayed there, just people watching. After a few minutes, a very naked man came over, trying to get me to strip down. Oh, did I mention that this is a clothing optional camp-site? Yeah, it wasn't going to happen. I politely thanked him and then explained that I had no problems with nudity, but was not about to strip down. Come on, it is a struggle for me to get shirtless at the Lantern!

Regardless, it was a nice feeling to have someone that persistent about seeing me nude. Strange, but nice. I finally headed back to the tent for an afternoon nap. Next thing I know it is 8 PM and we are getting up for dinner in town. After dinner, we came back to the main house for the big party that night. Everyone headed off to bead around midnight, but I stayed up. I'll be damned if I drove four hours to the woods of PA to go to bed early! I ended up making friends with this big group of guys all hanging out. Most were there with their partners. They were good guys and I had fun talking with them.

The party finally ended around 2:30 AM. Now, I am not one to share all of my after-hours activities so to speak, but this is too great not to share. At the camp-grounds, there was one spot that everyone would go to for some "late-night political discourse" as it were. I went there, hoping to find someone to engage in a heated debate, of sorts. I went in and started discoursing with one gentleman, when a second came up and joined us. Then a third, then a fourth, then a fifth. At this point, I looked down and saw five different men "debating" me at the same time. I almost passed out from the thought of it. Never have I had that many people paying attention to me at one time.

After a few minutes of that, I left with one gentleman for a little one on one debate session. Needless to say, I didn't make it back to my own tent until 7 AM the next morning. Good times. That next morning we got up around 9 and started packing up to head home. Of course the minute we have the tent broken down is when it starts down-pouring. That part was not so much fun. Thankfully it only lasted a few minutes and we were able to get everything packed up in the cars without getting completely soaked.

I already told Jim he can count on me coming back at least twice next summer. I was definitely in my element out there in the woods. Grrrr.

1 Comments:

Blogger buff said...

A truly delightful naked experience. Thanks for sharing. Big hairy muscle hugs of thanks.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home