Monday, July 11, 2005

Me, Myself and I

I hate living with a roommate. I am reaching the breaking point with Alex right now. This weekend was like the final nail in the coffin. Friday night he (of course) had no plans so his plans became those of the girls and I. All we wanted was a chill night to hang out, eat our feelings and watch some good movies. Alex comes home and immediately joins us as if he was invited.

Now, I get it that he lives there too and pays rent just like I do. Fine. But, when you haven't left the fucking apartment in six days, not even to go to work, it gets a little bit annoying that I can't even have my friends over without him all up in my shit.

Thankfully, he went into his room when we decided to watch Finding Neverland. I thought that would be the last of him for the evening. Nope. Wrong again. He must have come out of his room at least ten times. To smoke, then to pee, then a million times to come out and eat most of the Oreos. Without asking if he could have some. Finally, I reached my breaking point and told him to just take the cookies into his room with him. That is when he asked if I minded if he had some. Nice. BTW, I just ate half your cookies. Do you mind? No bitch. Get that shit and get out of my face.

I can't stand him. Saturday I was able to avoid him all day long. We went out to my parents that afternoon for dinner. I love going home. It is always such a great escape for me to just get away for a few hours, see my dogs and my family. I always come back to the city in such a better mood. By the time I got back to the apartment that night, Alex was already out with his friend Gavin. He left me a message to come and meet them at JR's, but there was no way that was going to happen.

By the time Nick and I got back to the house after going out, Alex and Gavin were already in bed. When we went to the living room, it looked as if they had torn every article of clothing from their bodies right at the door and just left it there. Another example of how fucking inconsiderate he is. Fine, I get you are coming home drunk and ready to get some, but really is it so fucking hard to take your big pile of clothes into your room with you??? The next morning I discovered they had brought a trick home with them to share.

I left the house as quickly as I could to avoid spending more time than necessary with them. I already had brunch plans with the girls and Emily (Hi Em!) at the Beacon. This is my one little secret from Alex. He knows that we go to brunch all the time, but he didn't know where. Until yesterday. I got a message from him midway through brunch that he was trying to find out where I go to brunch. I just deleted the message and was going to call him after brunch and say that I had no reception and was just getting his message.

Nope, about half an hour later they all walked in. I almost shit my pants and cried. The best part about it all though was that he had the audacity to invite said latin trick from the night before to brunch! We were dying. Gavin stopped over to say hi to us all and to apologize for what a mess they left in the apartment. When he did, I asked why the hell they brought the trick to brunch. He had no idea and wasn't really happy about it. Ugh, that's Alex for you though.

So, moral to the story is that I CANNOT live with someone again. I don't care how broke I will be, I will not have another roommate. I can't do it anymore. I need my own space. In just a few months this dream will become a reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home