Monday, August 01, 2005

Fever

This weekend was my last big weekend out. I am going to make some drastic changes in my life now, the biggest being I am not going to drink any more. That is not to say I won't have a glass of wine with dinner or a beer after work. But, I am starting to take some medication for my cholesterol and I can't drink while on this. I also am really trying to lose some weight and figure that not being a lush can only help me with this. Besides all of that, it is actually fun to remember everything that happens each night and to not wake up hating life three mornings a week.

I decided that this weekend would be my last big weekend of drinking. I was planning to go up to New York to visit Nic and Rob. Nic's birthday was this weekend and I figured it would be a great excuse for one final weekend of debauchery. The debauchery actually started Thursday night when I met my friends John and Leslie for dinner and drinks. One strong pitcher of margaritas later and we were ready for power hour at JR's. Many drinks later, I thought that I was ready to head of to Apex for a night of dancing with Chris and Josh. This is when my body decided no, that wasn't going to happen.

I started feeling really achy and crappy. I could just tell that I was getting sick, not too much to drink sick, but really sick. Chris and I both decided that we just couldn't handle Apex, so we went home. When I got home, I just laid in bed with cold sweats. The next morning I woke up and felt fine, so I decided to go ahead with my planned trip to NYC.

That evening, when I finally got up there, Rob immediately made me a martini. Ahh. Sweet alcohol release. Rob's new boyfriend Matt showed up and we all sat around to chat for a bit. Eventually we got ready to head out for the night. After a false start at the bar Shore for free drinks that never materialized, we headed off to Pyramid to meet up with Nic and everyone else. I had no clue what to expect, other than the fact they Pyramid would be playing 80s music.

When we arrived, I realized that the block was familiar to me. Turns out the Cock used to be right across the street. Oh, what a time I had at the Cock this spring. Another story for another day. So, we went into Pyramid and grabbed a drink. For whatever reason, I just couldn't drink it. After about five minutes, I started feeling really crappy and my forehead was on fire. Rob took me across the street for some cold medicine in the hopes that I would feel a little better.
When we got back into the club, Janet's "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" was just coming on. I immediately headed to the dancefloor and tore it up. The music did not let up after that. I am pretty sure that I just sweat out my fever because about an hour later I felt fine. I decided though that I shouldn't drink any more. So, I was sober for the entire night.

Friday night was exactly what I needed, not only for the music, but also for my self-esteem. I was hit on by at least three different guys. Here I am, sweating and in and out of fevers, and people are all up in my shit! My friend EJ let me know that one of his friends 'fancied' me and he wanted to introduce me. We went over and met his friend Jeffrey who was very cute. He and I spent a while talking and then exchanged numbers.

Eventually Rob, Matt, myself and a few others headed out from Pyramid and headed over to Urge. If only I wasn't feeling so sick, I'm sure I could have made a new 'friend' in there. Talk about a cruisy bar. We didn't stay long though because every one bored. Finally, around 5 we got home and went to bed. The next day, Rob and Matt were hung over and I was still feverish. We met up with Nathan and sat on his roof deck, with a beautiful view of the city.
After naps while watching MTV's Sweet 16, we got up and started getting ready for Nic's birthday party at his place in Hell's Kitchen. We showed up at the party fashionably late, and things were in full swing. Nic's apartment is a nice sized two bedroom and we sure did turn that living room into a full-on dance floor. I got it in that living room like it was my J-O-B. Of course since Nic and I have the same music tastes, every song was a great dance song that I love.

My new friend Jeffrey, from Friday night, came to the party on Saturday to hang out with me again. He and I chatted for a while, but then the call of the music was irresistible. I left Jeffrey talking to Chris, while I danced with the rest of the shirtless buff boys. Later that night, Chris let me know that Jeffrey told him that "I have a huge crush on Bernie". What? You just met me less than 24 hours ago. Ok, whatever. But, in the back of my mind it did send up a tiny warning flag. Another flag went off when he asked me, for the fifth time, when I'd be back in the city and how often I visit. OK, I hope I haven't misrepresented myself here. I am not exactly looking to meet someone to date who lives in NYC while I am in DC. Whatever, I decided to just roll with it and see where the night would lead me.

Turns out the night led me to his little efficiency in the Village. We got there and laid on his bed and just kissed for a while. Then things got a little more intimate. I must say, I really kind of lost my passion when he BIT MY ARMPIT!!! WHAT??? Umm, no. Actually, I am not into BDSM and I'd thank you to not try to Mike Tyson off my earlobe or to rip a hunk of flesh from my armpit. That is the point when I just wanted things to wrap up as quickly as possible so that i could get some sleep.

Thankfully, my wish was answered. The next morning I got up bright and early and went back to Rob's. Thank God he was already awake and ready for a serious session of girl-talk. We moved up to his roof for a great view of the city and some sun-bathing. This was probably my favorite part of the weekend away, just laying in the sun, he and I chatting about everything and nothing. Loved it. A few hours later, Chris and I packed our shit and headed up to Port Authority to catch the bus. Ugh. I hate Greyhound, but it is so freaking cheap and really doesn't take too long.

I came back to DC Sunday evening and realized that at some point in my life, I will have to live in NYC. This weekend showed me that I am more adapt to city life than I ever thought I was. It definitely won't happen today or tomorrow (I'm talking to you Gloria), but one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home