Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Crazy for you

News flash: At 5:15 PM Monday December 12, 2005 my new baby arrived. Oh yes, she is sleek, petite, black and the cutest thing ever. That's right, my new 60 gig video iPod is here!!! Words cannot even begin to describe how happy I am right now.

Since I picked it up from FedEx Monday evening, I've done NOTHING at work but upload music onto it. Somehow, I had 11 gigs of music on my work computer. Oops. Thank God Baby Bernoncé arrived when she did. IT was installing some new programs on my computer Monday night and my hard drive was practically full with music. I was able to copy most of it over to my iPod and delete it off.

The first night, I bought about ten videos off of iTunes and then spent an hour laying in bed watching them all. The picture is incredible. Every time I turn it on, I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. ;)

For the longest time, I fought against getting an iPod. My first mp3 player was by Archos. Looking back, that thing was like the early PCs in the 80s: big, bulky, unattractive and a tiny screen with no pictures. My next step was the iRiver 20 gig. I loved that little boy. The best part about it was that it had a remote, so I could keep the device in my bag, and just navigate using the remote. Sadly, I was an idiot and killed that one this summer. I seriously had a breakdown when I realized what I had done.

I broke the iRiver on a Saturday and on Monday went out to buy the iPod Shuffle. I was planning on getting one just for working out anyway. But, I had to get something to hold me over until I could buy a new full-sized unit. My shuffle has been very good to me and was a good way to ease me into the world of Apple products.

By the time Apple unveiled the video iPod, I was pretty certain that I was going to get one. I did some comparative research and Apple was basically the only company offering an mp3 player larger than 20 gig. Since I had almost filled my 20 gig iRiver, I knew that my next player had to be substantially bigger.

I don't regret my decision at all. Baby Bernoncé is making me so incredibly happy. I can almost tolerate being on the 80 every day now!! Oh, and should anyone try to rob my iPod from me on metro, they are going to be in for a surprise. This bitch is going to fight back with a fury they have never seen. I may not look tough, but you'd be amazed what I am capable of with just a little anger. Don't mess with me and my music!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home