Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I don't wanna cry

First of all, ALEX IS GONE!!!! Never again will I come home from work and find him sitting in the apartment, high as a kite.

It has been a blast having Nick as a roommate. Until last night. when I got home from work, he was already there. I went straight to his room to say hi and see how he was doing. I knew he had a rough morning at work, so we immediately started talking. One hour and a hella serious conversation later, we are suddenly looking for a dog to adopt. I desperately want a dog down here. I have two 'babies' back home at my parents, but I want my own here in the city!!

We found a bunch of possible candidates, all of which I wanted to adopt immediately. This is where I am horrible because, inevitably, I will want to adopt each and every one I see. There were a couple with sob stories that brought a tear or two to our eyes. I finally had a reality check and said that we have to wait until after the holidays to get a dog. It would be unfair to get an animal, and then put it through two weekends of staying with someone else while we are traveling. I will have a dog of my own next year though.

By this time, I thought that I'd had more than enough emotional moments for one night. Oh no. Apparently it was only beginning. We watched an episode of Oprah from last season. Cut to the two of us frantically wiping tears from our cheeks. Then we decided to watch the season premier of Queer Eye: The Wedding Season. Cut back to us crying again. Roomie, I love you, but if we sit on that damn couch, crying, one more time we will officially be women.

Too bad there is no more furniture to assemble. I think that I might offer to change someone's car oil, just to butch up a little. Who am I kidding? Tonight I'll be sitting on the couch, watching every minute of Project Runway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home