Sunday, October 23, 2005

got til it's gone

I'm finally back. I know that I was gone for a minute, but I really just needed to detach myself from everything. After the shenanigans of the weekend, I think that I can safely say that I am back in full force now.


Friday night I made plans to meet up with Jim and Diddle at Titan for the bear happy hour. In typical Bernie fashion, I arrived late, or on GCPT however you want to see it. I had one beer with them and checked out the crowd of bears. There were definitely a couple hot men there. I'll be going back again sometime.

From there, I parted ways with Jim and Diddle to go meet Leslie and John at Lauriol Plaza. I think that this was the point of no return for me. While we were all hanging out at the bar at Lauriol, I had the infamous Lauriol Sampler (aka margarita, mojito and sangria). I was definitely buzzed when I left them.


They headed off to Adams Morgan and I decided to pop into JR's for a night cap. Who was I kidding? No one goes to JR's for just one drink. I immediately headed upstairs for the restroom and when I came out the first people I saw were the black girls. I should have known I was done for! After a couple drinks and a couple shots with Richard and Matt, I was drunk. Not sloppy drunk, yet, just drunk enough for me to act up and not care.

There was a guy that I spotted earlier in the night and I couldn't stop staring at him. Eventually, I'd had enough alcohol for me to go over and talk to him. We talked for a bit and then he asked me to join him at Cobalt. I agreed and we were off. On the way over he told me he wasn't into one night stands and if that is what I was after I should probably go talk to someone else. I lied and said that was cool. Even though I was now drunk and horny.

We went to Cobalt and split up, so that we could each talk to friends we ran into there. I think I had one or two more drinks and then I knew that I was done. This is when my alter ego, Grace Jones, showed up for the first time since July. I can only imagine how pretty I must have looked stumbling down 17th St looking for a cab.

Fast forward and I am waking up on the bathroom floor, with Alex gently shaking me. Oh yeah, passed out on the floor and if that weren't good enough I apparently missed the toilet some when I was throwing up. Nope, don't remember that at all. Nor do I remember calling Manny & Olga's to order a sub and fries. Thank God Alex heard the door. Not that I was in any condition to eat at that point.

I crawled into bed and did not get out of it until 2 the next afternoon. I woke up once around 10:30 and I thought that my head was going to explode. Ahh, hangover, there you are old friend! Oh how I have missed you! Not really, but it was such a fun night and I am glad that I got that first drunk night out of my system.

All I can say now though is that everyone had better watch out during Birthday Extravaganza in a couple weeks. Things are going to be out of control crazy. Even though Friday night was a blast, I couldn't help but think how much better it would have been if I'd had my girls there with me. "Like Joni says, Don't it always seem to go . . . . "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home