Thursday, September 15, 2005

home ain't where his heart is (anymore)

I am so sick of coming home to my apartment on First St. Mostly because it is on First St. I am tired of living in "red-hot Bloomingdale". No Craig's List, Bloomingdale is actually not red-hot. You aren't going fool me with your listing of "near Dupont" anymore. An apartment at S St. and North Capitol is NOT near Dupont!

It is not that my part of town is horrible. Actually, I think it is going to be a great place to live in another year or two. And if you have a car and are trying to settle down and raise a family. None of those things describe me right now. Yes, I want a family, but no way in hell that is happening in the next year or two.

Last night Nick and I were scheduled to view another apartment, but that fell through. Of course the place had already been rented. Instead, we decided to head out to Pentagon for a little shopping. Which is always better than staying home with my crazy roommate.

I don't think I'd be able to stomach my place at all anymore if it weren't for Nick being there to suffer through it with me. It makes things more bearable when you have someone to bitch to and who can relate to what you are going through.

I'm sure that through my constant bitching, I've painted Alex out to be this horrible person. He really isn't a bad guy, just socially awkward and we have completely different lifestyles. I am neat and orderly, he is a forgetful, slovenly pot-head.

It will be such a relief to get into a new apartment. Because I am all worked-up and stressed about finding a place, I have been eating like a fat-girl on the run from fat camp. Just look at the wonderful zits popping up on my face for the evidence! Good times. Hopefully, only a few more weeks of this though. I don't think that I can take much more! I have no clue how Nick has done it, living on couches for the last two months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home