Tuesday, August 23, 2005

six underground

Last night I watched the final episode of Six Feet Under. Wow. It has been a really long time that a TV show has moved me the way that final episode did. The last few episodes have all been great, ever since Nate had the second stroke. But, last night was really moving and did a fantastic job of wrapping up the series.

For the final twenty minutes, I sat on the couch sobbing uncontrollably. Sure, I shed a tear or two when Queer as Folk ended a couple weeks ago. But, this was something different. As my friend Angel said, it really felt like you were saying good-bye to a part of your family. They were completely fucked up and sometimes annoyed the shit out of you, but you still got the sense that this was a real family some where with real problems.

After that sob-fest last night, I'm really glad I have two nights of gay icons to look forward to. Tonight I'm going to see the one and only Dolly Parton and then Tori tomorrow night. I don't know if I can handle them back-to-back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home