Monday, August 01, 2005

Say My Name

Nick, can you handle this? Bernie, can you handle this? I don't think you can handle this! Wooo!!!

DESTINY'S CHILD!!!!

Nick and I went to see D-Child last night at the MCI Center. I had such a fucking great time. Those three women were un-fucking-believable. I loved every single minute of the show. Nick and I didn't get to MCI until around 8:30. We decided to meet up at JR's for a pre-show drink, but of course his ass was working on GCPT. Normally I operate on GCPT too, but no ma'am, not on a night when I am going to see the one and only Beyonce live on stage!

Anyway, we walk in the arena and I fully expected for Mario to have finished his set and for Amerie to have at least started her set. We got to our seats and the house lights were on and no one was on stage. I thought, good we didn't miss Amerie. Boy was I wrong. Two minutes later, they started flashing up photos of D-Child on the screen as the lights dimmed. Of course the crowd, Nick and I included, went FUCKING NUTS. From that moment on, I don't think I sat down for more then 20 seconds while they changed sets or costumes.

The girls came up from under the stage and launched right into "Say My Name". From there the hits did not stop. Each of the girls even sang some of their solo songs. Of course my girl was the highlight. When she did "Dangerously In Love", I was damn near delirious with excitement and emotion. It is quite possibly one my favorite songs, and to hear Beyonce's phenomenal voice, singing it live, was completely surreal. The other highlight for me was when all three of them took us to church with "Through With Love". I was really looking forward to seeing them perform that song and they did not disappoint.

By the end of the show with "Lose My Breath", I really had lost my breath because I had not stopped dancing and singing the ENTIRE TIME. The show went on for two hours, and trust, each minute those bitches were up on stage singing and dancing, you better believe I was singing and dancing right along with them. If you missed the chance to see them live, don't miss the concert DVD or the inevitable concert special on cable. You will be glad you saw it.

I have two special shout outs from this show. First, John, thanks a million for the hook-up with the fabulous seats. If you're lucky, I'll take you out for a night of drinking at JR's and whisper some more dirty things in your ear. Second, and most importantly, to my twin sister Nick. Girl, I can't imagine going to that concert with any one else. I am so glad I shared those two hours with you and will always remember your shit-eating grin when they burst on to stage. Can't wait to share more magical moments, Together Again, when our girl tours next.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Not going to lie, it was by far one of the best times that I have had in a very long time. What could be better then a night of Beyonce, Kelly, Michelle, and of course the unoffical fourth member Bernonce!!!! Work Bitch

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home