Monday, August 22, 2005

Fernando

"There was something in the air that night
The stars were bright, Fernando" - Fernando by ABBA

Oh my God! There was definitely something in the air this weekend. Was it the full moon? Was it the endless heat and humidity? I don't know, but it was one of the oddest weekends I had in a while. Really my week started last Sunday night when I stayed out entirely too late with the girls. Then stayed out way to late again Tuesday and Thursday nights as well. Quick side note, if you ever find yourself in SE at 2:30 AM on a Tuesday and need a cab, you better pray that Grace Jones is with you to hail that bitch from across the McDonald's parking lot.

By the time I got home from work on Friday I was ex-haust-ed. I couldn't even think about going out yet. I decided to take a quick nap, then plan out my night. Long story short, I never left the apartment and got more sleep than I've had in ages. Saturday I spent the day in solitude, enjoying an apartment free from Alex for the entire weekend. God Bless Gavin for taking him on all weekend long in NYC.

Saturday night I met up with Chris at McDoogal Hall. EJ and Christian came over to meet up with us. We finally headed out to JR's around 12:30. The girls and I settled into a spot and started enjoying our drinks when I was interrupted by a couple strangers. Out of nowhere this guy and girl come up to me, tap me on the shoulder and ask my name. I start talking to the two of them and find out they came over because they thought I was cute and wanted to talk to me. OK, gushing a little on the inside.

I find out that the boy is named Eric and has just moved to DC from New York. He is working for the Willard Hotel and has only been in town for a week. We continue chatting as the rest of my friends head off looking for other people to talk to. About and hour later and Eric was wasted. I told him that he should probably head home to get some sleep and that I would be happy to walk him outside to make sure he got into a cab. And that is exactly what I did, thank you very much. Of course no one believes me because we stood outside talking for a bit. Whatever bitches!

I went back inside, after getting Eric's number, and caught up with the girls. We decided to head over to Cobalt for possibly the most tragic time there ever. Something was wrong with the sound system and it was dead in there. After five minutes I decided to head back to JR's. Of course the girls followed me about ten minutes later, and we then proceeded to close JR's.

The next day I got up and went to check out an apartment. The place was beautiful, but a little out of our price range. The rest of the afternoon was spent shopping around Pentagon City with Fisty, aka Chris. I bought a couple CDs and a cute pair of black Puma's. We came back to McDoogal Hall and got ready to head back to . . . drum-roll please . . . JR's. Eric decided to meet us out there, so he got to meet the rest of the gang. For a few minutes I thought that he had fallen under the curse of Jeffrey Walker, but it didn't happen.

At some point during the evening, I 'apparently' told Eric that I would move into a place with him. Bitch, I don't remember that and I don't drink anymore! Aside from all of that, what would make you decide to move in with someone you just met the night before??? Crazy! I just blew that whole conversation off. He decided to leave at around 10 and I thought that I was leaving then too. We walked to the Willard and kissed good night, then I ended up back at JR's to meet up with Chuck and Christian.

This is where the night got really crazy. Chuck was interested in talking to one gentleman, so we approached their group. Somehow I ended up talking to the craziest person in all of JR's. This guy seriously creeped me out. He was one of those people that likes to tell you things about yourself. "You really like white teeth." Yes, busted, fuggly teeth are gross. Is that really that big of a stab in the dark though? Here is where he completely freaked me out. "You have a brother named Billy right?" Umm . . . no. Actually I have no brothers. "Well, ask your mom about that because you had a brother Billy and he visits you all the time." What the fuck??? Who the fuck are you and why are you still talking to me???

Thankfully, Chuck came over and saved me from this tragic mess. He then had the balls to still try and get my number. Actually, no. I try my hardest to not be rude to people and flat out reject them. I have been on both sides of that equation and try to be as polite as possible. Apparently that was the wrong approach to take with this psycho prick. Ugh. Never again. I will nip that shit in the bud much earlier next time.

I finally got home at 12:30 and could not wait to get into bed and put that night behind me! I really hope that wasn't setting the tone for the week to come. Regardless, I am seeing Tori on Wednesday, so that will be an amazing night capable of wiping away the worst week ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home