Monday, August 29, 2005

Same Script, Different Cast

The following blog is not meant to be an attack on anyone, just me venting some thoughts that occurred to me over the weekend. No matter how this blog comes across, I still love you Boo and your craziness.

I have this friend, we'll just call him Boo, and he is a touch crazy. 99.9% of the time, Boo is one of the funniest bitches you could hope to meet. But, then there is that other 0.01% of the time when he lets things get into his head and has a mini break-down. Not so fun for the rest of us. But hey, who hasn't had a mini break-down??? And aren't your friends supposed to be the ones who surround you and help pick up the pieces? Definitely, without a doubt.

But, it gets a little old when these seem to happen at least once a month. Boo has decided that he really wants a boyfriend. Great, I want you to find someone to love and who will love you. However, don't go thinking that some boy you met and made out with at a bar is definitely going to be your next boyfriend.

Maybe it is that I have been in DC a little longer and have seen how things work, or maybe it is that I was Boo a few years ago. Regardless, I know not to expect anything from someone that I meet in a club or bar. If something does come of meeting this person, great, if not I could care less. Boo though seems to take these as personal rejections, ie "I'm not (insert adjective here) enough". No Boo, you are beautiful the way you are. They just didn't see that for whatever reason, so fuck them and move on.

Another problem is that Boo tends to confuse wanting someone to love with someone to hook-up with. What's that, you're on a dick hunt tonight? More power to you sweetheart. Find him and ride him. But, don't then think that this gentleman will be your next boyfriend. As another friend has so eloquently stated, "You can't make a ho a housewife". I'm not judging you for your wanting to hook up. God knows I am the last person to have any right to judge people for that. Just go into this hook-up with realistic expectations.

Maybe it is also time to except that right now might not be the most ideal time to be dating someone. Right now, maybe it is best to focus on you and your life. And also your apartment, job, family and friends. Yes, we all want someone to cuddle with at night as we fall asleep. But, that does not mean that we should all be with someone right this moment. The time will come for you, I know it will, and he will be everything you hoped for. Just don't think that he is going to walk through the door of the bar each time we are out. The less you look for it, the more likely it is to come along and tap you on the shoulder.

One last time, Boo I love you and I only say this because I do love you. Sorry to the rest of you for this little venting, but it needed to be said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home