Wednesday, September 21, 2005

crazy

I should have posted this yesterday, but didn't have time at work. I ride the 80 Metro bus to work each morning. It is pretty ghetto, and I expect a certain amount of ghetto behavior each time I get on the bus. Yesterday was special though.

When I got on the bus, there was a man sitting in the first forward facing seat, speaking loudly. I had my iPod on, so I couldn't hear exactly what he was saying. Once I sat down, I paused my shuffle to hear what he was yelling about. I heard something about Mike Tyson and god damn Magic Johnson I'll see you soon. What? This was when I realized we had a certified crazy on the bus.

As we continued down North Capitol St., I noticed that this man was wearing one blue latex glove on his left hand, with a hospital-type bracelet around his wrist. Then I noticed that he had a hospital gown draped across his lap. Did this dude just get released from the mental hospital? I was very glad I was not sitting anywhere next to him.

I paused my shuffle once more only to hear him cussing up a storm about something. At this point, the bus driver yelled at him and said that he didn't mind that he was talking, but no cussing. Huh? You call that talking? You have got to be kidding me. I guess he was afraid of what the guy would do if he told him to shut up.

The final coup de gras was when I was getting off the bus at work. The bus had stopped to wait for a light to change when the guy stood up and shouted "The fucking bus just won't move, so I guess I'll just have to shit here on the bus". Excuse me? He then started spreading out his hospital gown in front of him. Was this man really going to drop his pants and shit on the bus?

Unfortunately, I was already late for work and couldn't stay to watch the rest of this drama unfold. Who knows if he really did shit on the bus, but it was a morning ride that I will never forget. Gotta love the DC bus system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home