Tuesday, September 27, 2005

she's crafty

This past weekend I escaped the city and went to Baltimore and then my parents house. I went to Baltimore to see Isabelle on her first birthday. She is so freaking ADORABLE!!! She had just started walking that day. I can't get over how big she is getting. I am more than a little jealous of Jeff and the life that he has now, a house, family, dog. You know, all that bullshit all-American dream stuff. Eh, my day will come.

After her party, I went back to my parents and just watched some TV before passing out. On Saturday, I went shopping with my parents to get the materials to reupholster some furniture. I am taking my mom's old dining room set for my new apartment. Oh right, the apartment that I still don't have. FYI, the place that we were looking at in Adams Morgan fell through. Apparently the landlords never check their messages and thought that we didn't want the place. Whatever.

So, mom and I picked out some fabric and paint for the chairs and table. We then had to run a couple other errands and didn't get home until almost dinner time. While mom made us dinner (God I love my mom's cooking), I started taking apart the chairs from the set. After dinner, it was officially time for Schwartz Family Craft Hour. Mom, Dad and I all sat at the kitchen table and reupholstered these four chair seats. Good times! Please try not to be jealous of my exciting Saturday night.

Actually, it was really fun to spend that time with my parents. They were telling me more stories from the cruise and showed me a couple pictures taken by eh ship photographer. In one picture, my mom had her girls proudly on display. I am pretty sure she was wearing just pasties underneath her suit jacket. Of course we were laughing about that. Hehe. Nothing says funny like your mom showing off too much cleavage to a boat of retirement age men!

All that family craft hour fun totally drained me, so I crashed pretty early Saturday night. On Sunday I got up and ran some more errands with my parents in the morning. When we got home, Lindsey was home to visit. We sat down and had a little family lunch, the first time we've all had a meal together in months. After lunch, my dad decided that Schwartz Family Craft Hour should become Schwartz Family Craft Weekend.

All of the apples on our property are ripe now, so mom and dad decided to make some apple sauce with 10 gallons of apples. My dad decided to use the rest to make apple cider in a apple press he bought last year. Yes, that's right. Sunday I spent the afternoon making apple sauce and then apple cider. Who does that? Besides the Amish anyway. Lindsey and I were cracking up laughing the whole time. We decided that when we apply for the Amazing Race, part of our video will be us making apple sauce and cider. Who wouldn't want us on TV, what with our amazing skills with apples and other farm chores!

All in all, it was a great weekend and a much needed vacation from everything that has been annoying me about the city lately. And now I have Chicago to look forward to in just two days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home