Sunday, November 20, 2005

all that jazz

Tonight I went on date number two with Scott. We went to Blue's Alley to see Maynard Ferguson, the jazz trumpeter, and it was fantastic. I was absolutely floored by how amazing he plays and the notes he can hit. It really made me miss playing the trumpet myself. I played the trumpet for eight years, from late elementary through my first year of college.

Some days I really miss that artistic release, but then I remember that I could never be bothered to actually practice and am over it. I definitely enjoyed the atmosphere and the amazing musicians that accompanied him. I will have to keep my eye on the paper and see if any other good musicians are coming through town.

The date itself went well. We met up an hour before the show and chatted over some drinks. We have plans to see each other again after Thanksgiving, so we'll see. Now, a completely different story is what I discovered when I got home. That is forth-coming in another blog. I refuse to sully this post with the negative energy and profanity that is about to spew from my fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home