Sunday, October 23, 2005

you'll never stand alone

Last night I headed out to Rockville for Jamie and Rodolfo's Halloween party. Once again, I showed up late so by the time I got there things were in full swing. Let me set the stage for a moment. Rodolfo lives in a beautiful five bedroom house and decided to turn the basement into the main party area. He rented a dance floor and hired a DJ, spent hundreds of dollars on liquor and hired a bartender. This was a recipe for disaster from the get-go.

Dianez picked me up from the metro and we drove over. We walked in and immediately went downstairs to the sounds of Vogue pumping through he speakers. There they were. Jamie, Matt and AJ, all three of them getting their lives and dolling out on the floor like it was their J-O-B. All I could do was watch and laugh. After that little performance I headed back upstairs to the bartender for the first Long Island of the night.

Best part of the party? All of Rodolfo's friends I met months ago who could not stop raving about how great I looked and how much weight I have lost. I don't even think that I have lost all that much or that I look drastically different, but I am not going to argue!

The Dj was really cool and willing to take any request. I scolded Jamie on the fact that I hadn't heard any Janet for the night and that was immediately corrected. "Together Again" and "All For You" later and I am pretty sure that the dance floor was en fuego. I also tore it up when I got the DJ to play Madonna's new sung "Hung Up". Dancing to it with the girls, I couldn't help but think that queens are really going to go ape shit over this song. I can't wait for the remixes.

At some point in the evening, Jamie pulled me aside to chat for a minute. He wanted to thank me for coming up to Hagerstown Tuesday evening for his grandmother's viewing. She passed away last Sunday after a long battle with cancer. I know that this has been very hard on Jamie since his grandmother was such a huge influence on and friend to him. He was saying it really meant a lot to him because he knows that I constantly have things going on in my life. I told him that I will always put my life on hold for him any time he needs me.

This really got me thinking about how lucky I am to have the friends that I have. I know that my bitches would be there at the drop of a hat if I needed them. And that does not even include Jamie. I feel so blessed to have known him all these years and am forever indebted to him for making into who I am today. I think Whitney said it best, "you'll never stand alone, I'll be standing by. I'll keep you from the cold, I'll hold you when you cry. I'll be there to be strong when you can't find the strength inside".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home