Wednesday, January 18, 2006

don't forget about us

I am LONG overdue for a blog posting and for that I apologize. Shit has been kind of crazy in the last week though. Between MAL weekend and Jeff's mom passing away, I haven't had a moment to even catch my breath. With that said, there are two blogs coming, one about MAL weekend and one about the funeral and my impromptu trip to Jersey this week. I needed to get this shit out of my head right away though.

Tonight I got home from NJ and FINALLY had a chance to sit down and chat with roomie. This is the first time we've seen each other since Thursday night last week. I know, this shouldn't be a big deal, but we are sisters and I miss the bitch when she is gone gallivanting to NYC. So, back to the point. Roomie and I were sitting around talking about everything that has happened in the last week and the subject of relationships came up. Apparently, I am the last single Mean Girl standing.

Here's the thing about that. I don't care. I am not, nor have I ever been, the kind of person that needs to be in a relationship. Yes, there are definitely moments when I wish that I had a special someone in my life. I'd be lying if I didn't say that. Yet, I am in NO HURRY to find some man to settle down with and call my boyfriend. I figure, when it happens, it will happen. There is no use in me rushing things, or searching endlessly for some person that may not even be in this country for all I know!!!

Part of me REALLY hates it when friends are ever so kind as to point out that I am the only single one standing. Thanks bitch. I appreciate you pointing out the fact that is so blatantly obviously by the odd number of people standing in this circle!!! Or by the fact that I am the ONLY PERSON not slobbering on some boy's neck in the middle of a bar. I know they mean well, but uh, it kind of makes me want to smack you across the face. You don't point out to a cripple that he is in a wheelchair do you??? I love you girls, but the next time one of you says that I am the only one who is single, you will be slapped. Consider this your one and only warning.

Yes, I do eventually want a man, a family, a home, the "American Dream". This is what I am working towards. But, right now I feel that there is so much else in my life to focus on, that I don't need to be staying up at night worrying about why I am single. Right now, I would so rather focus on sticking to a diet and work-out plan. I would rather focus my time and energy on getting myself into a grad program and starting off down the path to professional happiness.

I guess I have been single for so long that I have just grown accustomed to it, and don't look at it as some sort of fatal flaw or something that needs correcting. I can't emphasize enough, for me, IT WILL HAPPEN WHEN IT HAPPENS. There are a lot of things that will change when I meet someone worthy of my time and attention, but until then I am going to continue living my life for me.

Now to the title of this blog. In addition to simply loving this song, let's not forget girls (you three know who you are), that before we were 7, we were 4. The four of us. Don't forget that each of us had lives together as friends before any of us had a boyfriend. I am so happy for each of you, but just try to make a little time for a night of just the four of us. You know, a night to satisfy your tragically flawed single sister. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger d-town said...

I LOVE that song, too. LOVES IT! Though Miss Mariah looked strange Monday night at the GGs ... her hair and skin were the EXACT same color, which always freaks me out on someone.

I know what you mean about being single. I have been ready to date someone seriously, but certainly hadn't been staying up at night worrying about it. Being single does have it's advantages.

That being said, I did have a fab-u-lous date with a great guy Monday that came out of the blue ... someone I had met at a party like four months prior just out of the blue asked me out. It always comes when you least expect it. Of course, now the only thing left unknown is how I will fuck this up and when.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Hateful, Party of One said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Hateful, Party of One said...

Twin Sister told me today as she was going to get some skittles that you and I are her only source for gossipy, juicy, dirty stories. So apparently we gotta start having more sex.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home