Sunday, January 08, 2006

be without you

The title of this blog is two fold. First, I CANNOT stop listening to Mary J's new song of the same title. Her new album is amazing and I recommend that you go and listen to it. Secondly, apparently my dear old friend shenanigans and I cannot be without each other.

Tuesday at work I got a text message from Jamie inquiring as to my plans for the evening. I should have known right then and there what I was in for. Silly me, I thought that when Jamie said he wanted to meet for one or two drinks after work the night would end there. Of course it didn't.

We had a couple drinks at the Fireplace first. Yes, I did say the Fireplace. Yes, it is very dark and kind of sleazy in there, but Jamie loves it there and I enjoy the looks I get in there from all the sleazy mens. ;) Over drinks, Jamie pointed out to me that I am looking really good lately, like I am finally comfortable in my own skin. I never really thought of it like that, but he is right. I am comfortable with who I am. Granted, there are things about my appearance that I hate and want to change (who doesn't???) but overall I am happy with who I am. I think that I have finally reached the point of not giving a shit about what the bitter twink in the corner thinks of my appearance. There is so much more to life and if you can't accept me for who I am, then walk on by.

As we are drinking and catching up, I text Poo-Dell telling him to meet us out. He, of course, refuses. Jamie and I leave Fireplace and call Dianez to see if she would like to meet up with us. We pick her up at her apartment and then head over to DIK Bar to see Gladys set up for a night of karaoke. By this time, I have talked Poo-Dell into meeting up with us. Here is where the night spins out of control. There were some gin drinks, purchased by Jamie, knowing full well what those juniper berries do to us!

Jamie and Dianez headed out for the night, leaving Poo-Dell and I, half-lit, on 17th St. So what did we do? Headed out to JR's for another couple hours of drinking. After hanging out with Abbas for a bit, we dediced to hit one more Dupont watering hole for a night cap. Of course, in this establishment we both made acquantences of gentlemen of class and high social standing. Hehe. Or something like that.

Fast forward to 12:30 AM when I am finally getting home. Now, let's talk for a minute about how FUCKING miserable I was at work on Wednesday. Thank God I have my new video iPod with a bunch of episodes of "The Office" on it. I think I watched four or five that day just to pass the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home