Tuesday, April 25, 2006

How come you don't call me

I have definitely been slacking when it comes to blogging lately. There is just so much going on in my head, that I can't seem to find a way to get it out coherently. Plus, some of the craziness is probably best left unspoken.

It is looking more and more like I'll be getting a new job, the one that I interviewed for last month. I have been on a second interview and have a phone interview with the Director today. Keep your fingers crossed kids, because I am at the end of my rope with my current job. I can't stand it anymore.

I think I finally have my living situation resolved too. If all works out, I'll take over DYD's bf's place when the two of them move in together. I'm really excited for this, because I'll be moving back to civilization! Woo hoo! No more $10 cab ride to and from Dupont. I'll be sad to leave my cute little two bedroom, but I need a change.

As for the boy, well your guess is as good as mine. We got together almost two weeks ago and have spoken once since then. When we are together or speak, everything seems fine and he acts like he is interested. Then a week will pass before I hear a word from him. It is fine with me that we don't speak every day, but shit, a text or something would be nice. Otherwise, I am just sitting here assuming you are blowing me off by not returning my call.

I'm waiting to see if he returns the message I left him Sunday evening. I've pretty much just written it off at this point, if for no other reason than I can't stand sitting here wondering why and what happened. I can't do that any more. This was a fun experiment while it lasted. It was nice to see that I am capable of opening up to someone.

I think that my mom will be more disappointed than I am if this doesn't work out. She was so excited to hear that I finally met someone I liked. If anything, this whole thing was a chance for me to see just how lucky I am to have the family that I was blessed with, especially Mom.

My mom is totally going to welcome in my future husband with open arms. She is going to be the mother-in-law that insists on him calling her mom, buying him birthday and Christmas gifts, and making him his favorite foods when we come to visit. Hell, she already does that for Roomie now and we aren't even dating!!!

Oh, and I guess I'd be lying if I didn't mention that I was a little circuit star this weekend. Or a special needs child on Christmas morning. Depending on who's blog you read. Cherry was a lot of fun. I'd never been to an "official" after-hours before and I loved every minute of it. Will I be doing this every weekend? God no. It was fun for this weekend, but probably won't happen again for a long time.

I will say this, those four hours on the dance floor with Poo-Dell will probably always be one of my favorite memories of just the two of us. We didn't need to speak a single word, just be there dancing with each other.

Finally, if you felt a cold breeze blow through town last night, it was because Jamie came out last night and shenanigans ensued. There was a ridiculous tab at Lauriol Plaza and more shots than I can remember, followed by a Dupont bar crawl. I'm pretty sure I've been pissing straight tequila today. Just call me Jose Cuervo.

2 Comments:

Blogger d-town said...

the boy thing: oh i have soooo been there like a hundred times. i have resolved to myself that if i want to end things, i will tell the guy. no more of this chicken-shitty stop returning calls/texts/emails. i swear it's karma.

i can't believe y'all did all that ... on a MONDAY NIGHT. i would say better lauriol than showtunes, but i'd be kidding myself if y'all didn't show up there for at least ONE drink.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

I was happy to pop your after-hours cherry ;)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home