Wednesday, May 03, 2006

One dip or two?

This past weekend I was up in Boston with the twin sisters and one boyfriend. We had an absolute blast. Friday during the day we went to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and I loved every minute of it. So much, that the other three left me at the museum by myself for almost an hour. Sorry girls, but I didn't take eight art history classes in college for nothing. If you are ever in Boston, I highly recommend you check it out.

Friday night we went over to a friend's house for a good ole-fashioned straight house party. There was survivor flip-cup and everything. I was on fire and the lone survivor for my team. I ended up losing in the end, but I did pretty damn good for not having played in over a year! The party was a blast and I saw a lot of friends I hadn't seen since our trip to New Hampshire last January.

All of us were trashed when we finally stumbled down the street to get a cab. Now, DYD swears that I wanted some crab rangoon. Me thinks not. I don't do any type of seafood, so I don't think I'd suddenly be asking for it when I was drunk. Ladies, I'm still waiting for that pizza I was promised.

Saturday we walked around Chinatown and drove through some of the other parts of the city. Late that night we went out to see Tom Stephan and added some new holes to the dance floor at Rise. Our friends Paul and Effie joined up with us at the club. It was so great to see the two of them and I look forward to them moving closer to DC. The music was out of control. I didn't know what to expect from Tom Stephan, but he had me dancing the entire time.

Sunday afternoon we met up with Paul and Effie again, then stopped by Poo-Dell's house one last time, to say good-bye to his family. We found out there that our flight was delayed, and despite all our efforts, we couldn't get on an earlier flight. When we got to the airport, we did what any lady would do. We saddled up to the bar and started drinking.

When we boarded the plane, we were immediately picked out as homosexuals. I have no clue how either. Because we all bought our tickets separately, we were not sitting together. One of the three gay flight attendants (yes, apparently we were flying on PrideAir) offered to Poo-Dell to move me back to sit with him and the BF. The flight attendant then made this old man WHO JUST HAD HIS HIP REPLACED move up to my row so I could go back and join them. Said flight attendant then threw six mini-bottles of vodka at us. Before the plane even pulled away from the terminal.

As all of this was going on, Leery McAttendant was checking the three of us out in that "JR's at midnight old man in the corner" way. When Poo-Dell went to use the restroom, Leery asked him if "[his] cute friend on the end of the aisle is single". Poo-Dell's response? "Single and ready to mingle". Thanks. But, if we continue to get free booze, I'm willing to take one for the team.

Best part of the flight? When we were leaving the plane. I was on the end of the aisle, so I got up first to take our bags down from the overhead. When I opened the compartment, the first thing I saw was Poo-Dell's bag of lube which had popped out of their luggage. Yes, I said bag of lube. On the flight up, their bottle of lube broke open in the zip-lock bag. Ever the lady though, Poo-Dell just dips right in for a quick fix. Do you take one dip or two?

I was hysterical laughing when I saw the lube first thing. The flight attendants didn't miss this either and held up a Bible at us, saying we needed help. I think that the two families around us were more than a little scared. Best flight ever. The night didn't end there, as we went to JR's until after 1 AM. There was even a follow-up night of drinking on Monday night at the new secret member's only Dupont gay bar. Needless to say, my liver is shot to hell. I'll be at Betty Ford if anyone needs me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home