Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sunday morning

Shit! I can't believe I forgot to blog about this earlier. So, Sunday morning Poo-Dell and I are killing time, playing around on MySpace. We are checking out my nephew's page when Poo-Dell noticed that Zack mentions his "fiancée" in a picture caption. Excuse me?

I immediately went downstairs and called my sister. Apparently Zack just announced last week that he is "engaged" and bought this girl a ring. I have no clue what money he got her a ring with. Oh, and he is moving to BFE up-state New York to live with her and her grandmother.

I have no problems with him moving up there to live with this girl. I think it will be good for him to live away from home for a while and experience life. However, I do have a problem with him getting married at 18 to a girl he met online six months ago. I have an even bigger problem with the fact that suddenly it is MUCH more of a reality that I could be a great-uncle in the next year or two!! NO! I refuse to be great-uncle Bernie before I am 30!

This weekend I'm definitely going to sit down and have a little chat with Zack. I don't want to discourage him from moving to be with this girl. I don't even want to discourage their "engagement", but I do want to stress to him that there is no need to rush things. They are both still so young, 18 and 19 respectively, and they have so much ahead of them still. I would just hate to see him married with kids and then divorced before he is even legal to drink.

2 Comments:

Blogger d-town said...

met online 6 months ago? is he going to sing a rendition of "i love technology" at the wedding?

look at you mr. "two-blog-posts-in-as-many-days"!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Hateful, Party of One said...

At least he didn't buy his wife from a Third World Country like my father did... thats something to be thankful for

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home