Sunday, June 25, 2006

I'm a bitch

The other day, I left work later than planned and was none to pleased about this. Work has been sucking my ass lately and I am completely feed up. So, I leave the office in a huff, throw on my sunglasses and iPod, all set to loose myself in the commute back to DYD's. When I got onto the metro platform at Union, I noticed one of my co-workers standing there. I am friendly with this guy, we talk all the time at work. Not great friends or anything, but he is another person to complain about our shitty job with. Did I stop and talk to him? Nope, I just kept right on walking to the other end of the platform.

When I am commuting to and from work, no matter how long or short, I am in my own world. Especially in the mornings. I am not a morning person to begin with, then combine that with the fact I'm headed to a job I can't stand any more. Not pretty. Thankfully, music helps me wake up and get through the day. I'll often see people I know on my commute, but I never speak to anyone. That is my time. It is this little 30 minute slice of the day when I can be lost in my own thoughts and check out hot commuters behind the safety of my shades.

That night, on our way to see the Vodka Manx ,DYD and I discussed how a walk or metro ride to work is the perfect time to let your thoughts wander. So, if you see me on the metro during "business hours", feel free to nod hello or wave. Please don't expect more than that in return from me though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home