Sunday, January 22, 2006

because of you

That was the song I woke up to this morning. Err, uh, this afternoon when I finally got out of bed at 2 in the afternoon. Pathetic. I immediately got in the shower, turned on the shower radio (possibly the best thing I got for Christmas), and was greeted by Kelly. Sweet. Even better yet, was the fact that this was immediately followed by Mary's "Be Without You". It was as if they were reading my mind in what songs I wanted to hear. It was the perfect way to finally ease me out of my hang-over.

I really needed a night, or day, of 10 hours of sleep. Over this past week I think I averaged between four and five hours of sleep a night. I definitely woke up at 8:30 this morning though, and was pretty sure that I was dying. My mouth was completely dry, there was a small elf drilling and jack-hammering right behind my eyes, and my entire body ached. God, there is nothing like that feeling after a full night of drinking.

Last night was to be our "low-key" night out. Ha. As if any of us can do anything low-key. We started the night at JR's. Some how I was the first one there. I can't think of the last time I was on time to meet the girls. I had two drinks in me before Christian even showed up. Then the rest of the crew slowly trickled in. Finally, we were about to leave to head across town to Remington's, when the DJ threw a wrench in the plan and played the Tony Moran mix of Mariah's "Don't Forget About Us". Of course, Poo-Dell, DYD and I had to stick around long enough to belt out the song for the rest of the bar. That remix is so fucking hot. I can't wait to use it to work out to this week.

We jumped in a cab and were off to SE. We figured Remington's was a good choice for our low-key night. None of us know the bartenders and the crowd doesn't give off that same, hey let's get shit-faced vibe that the bars of 17th St do. Hehe. Or so we thought. It is never a wise move for me to go out on an empty stomach. I know this only leads me to trouble and a state of drunkenness that is obscene. Oh well. These things do 'appen.

I remember having a lot of fun at Remington's but I can't really remember many specifics of the night. I do remember some girl asking me when I was going to get up and sing Independent Woman. I turned to her and said, "two questions. One, do you want to me to sing Independent Woman Pt. 1 or Pt. 2 and second, who is going to be my Kelly and Michelle. My name is Bernie and they don't call me Bernonce for nothing." See people, this is why it is important for me to have a meal before drinking. Otherwise, I start to think that I am Beyonce and it doesn't take much to have me doing signature model walk across the bar.

My other main memory of the night is DYD acting like teenagers in asking the bartender if he was indeed Mr. Bartender. I can only imagine what an ass I might have made of myself in doing this. Hehe. Gosh, sometimes I am so fucking classy I even amaze myself.

My last memory of the night is of being in the cab with Roomie and his BF, on the phone ordering from Manny & Olga's. I imagine that this conversation sounded like some sort of perverted UN conversation, what with my extreme slurring and the foreign accent of the person taking my order. Thank God I channeled my inner-Martha and had them repeat our order back to me. Twice. But, there was no mayo on my sandwich, so crisis adverted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Bartender said...

nah, neither one of you made an ass out of yourselves....was nice meeting you both!! :)

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home