Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Just one of dem days

I really fucking hate my job. Let me say that again. I really fucking HATE my job. How much do I hate my job? Let's put it this way. I'd rather eat out one of the "ladies" "working" on K St. for 8 hours a day than be at my current job.

Today I got a lecture about email usage. Let's see, since I started this job you have taken away instant messenger and the internet from me. Kids, I work for a financial company and I can't even access the fucking website for the IRS! Are you kidding? Who in the hell goes to the IRS website for shits and giggles??? Let me tell you what a shear joy my job is. You'd think that email would be the next thing they'd take from me. Too bad my job is to respond to emails! Ugh, so over this place it isn't even funny.

Must change topic before brain explodes. I have definitely fallen right back into life in the "country". Tonight, after getting home (at 6:30 even though I left work at 4! Jealous?) I kicked off my shoes and changed into some shorts and a wife-beater. Give me some slack people. We still have no AC in the house.

I definitely felt country when I was walking across the property barefoot to see my sister. It is the simple things in life, like the grass between my toes on a muggy summer night that keep me from killing someone during the day. Oh, and if I had a digital camera worth anything, I'd take a picture of the thousands of lightning bugs in the fields around our house. Bet you city folk don't see them very much, now do you???

1 Comments:

Blogger d-town said...

LOL ... your headline reminds me of that monica song "don't take it personal" (which is probably what you meant). I have that bitch on cassette single still, I think.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home